1. Camden Hunting Club will allow night hunting for hogs and coons with dogs, you can be in possesion of only 1 (one) firearm or weapon. This is only allowed during the same time period as hog hunting as defined below. You must follow the notification rule listed in Hog hunting, this will be reviewed on a yearly basis.
2. Pasture riders may, upon request inspect any member, vechile or camp.
3. Any hunting violations noted by a member must be reported to the pasture rider or a board member as soon as possible.
4.. We no longer require you to keep gates locked. Please close gates when possible.
Buck Harvest Rules
An effective restriction on buck harvest is used in the Camden Hunting Club. Bucks with an inside spread of less than 13 inches will not be harvested this will protect a majority of 1.5 and 2.5 year old bucks allowing many to move to the 3.5 year old class. It is recomended that you learn to score deer by Boone & Crockett system and allow the 13 inch class to mature to the 16 inch plus class bucks that are 4.5 years of age and start to score 120 or greater Bonne & Crockett. By allowing this to happen it is not the difference between two basket racks and a 8 pointer, but its the differnece between an 8 pointer and a TROPHY.
1. Each membership will be allowed a total of six (6) deer this season three (3) does and three (3) bucks. The Club goal is to harvest bucks of 3.5 years of age or older.
2. Legal bucks . the Camden Hunting Club will use state buck rules this season which only allows the following bucks to be harvested. A buck with an inside spread of 13 inches or better or an unbranched antler on at least one side with a length of 7" or better. This is basically the same as state rules except for the length of the spike.
3. The fine system is still in effect this year. Any spike under 7" in length or nubbin buck harvested will result in a $200 dollar fine. Please take caution when harvesting antlerless deer.
4. Please note the fine for a buck that does not meet the TPW buck rules can be up to $1500 dollars and is a violation of article VII section i of the by-laws.
5. LAMPS Permits have been eliminated and only your regular hunting license tags will be used for antlerless deer harvest and these have restrictions, you will need to know the county rules for antlerless deer harvest.
6. All deer harvested are to be brought to the weigh station at time of harvest before it is taken to camp or removed. Once brought to the weigh station all deer data except weight and jawbone will be entered in a log book. Failure to comply will subject the membership to non-renewal.
1. Hogs can be hunted year round with no limit. You may use dogs for hog hunting except begining September 1, 2013 and ending after the last day of all deer hunting seasons.
2. Dogs must have collars and tags.
3. Traps must be placed within your taged hunting area and must not infringe on other members hunting territory.
4. Members can have up to 3 guest at one time while hog hunting.
5. Guest must be registered at sign in book at weigh station.
6. Hogs can be hunted at night off your stand. And only with prior notification of the Pasture Rider, Game Warden or Board Member. This applies only after the closure of all deer seasons and ends each year August 31.
1. You are permitted to use retrieval dogs while duck hunting on the club lake.
1. Dogs are permitted for squirrel hunting after the close of all deer seasons you may bring up to 3 guest at one time ( same sign in rules as hog hunting).
1. No Spring Turkey season for CHC.
Dove and Quail
1. State law and bag limits apply